Feature Film (co-production)
1907. Afonso, a doctor, arrives at Principe Island to cure servants from a cocoa plantation “infected” with Banzo, nostalgia of the slaves, who are dying from starvation and suicide. The group is confined to the forest, where Afonso decides to heal them by trying to understand what is affecting their soul. Will he manage to save them?
- Director and screenwriter: Margarida Cardoso
- Producer: Filipa Reis, Uma Pedra no Sapato (PT)
- Co-producers: Les Films de l'Apres-Midi (FR), BALDR Film (NL)
- Financiers: ICA, CNC, NL Film Fund, Eurimages
- Broadcaster: RTP, Arte/ZDF
- Distributor NL: September Film