SOUNDTRACK TO A COUP D’ETAT
In the early Sixties, the USA sent its greatest jazz musicians to Congo to distract attention from a CIA-back coup unfolding in the country. Music, civil rights and decolonization meet in this forgotten episode from the Cold War.
- Director: Johan Grimonprez
- Producer: Daan Milius, Zapomatik (BE)
- Co-producers: Warboys Films (FR) & BALDR Film (NL)
- Financiers & Funds: VAF, ZKM, DGD, NL Film Fund
- Broadcaster: VRT, RTBF, SVT, ARTE France
- Distributor: Imagine Film Distributie NL
- Length: 120 min.