ETGAR KERET: BASED ON A TRUE STORY
In his extremely short stories, the Israeli writer Etgar Keret plays an impressive game with fantasy and reality.
The story of his life, too, sounds like a modern fairy tale. In this hybrid documentary, the filmmakers investigate why telling lies is essential to Keret’s survival.
Festivals & Awards
Nomination Golden Calf Best Documentary
HAIFA Film Festival 2017
Official Selection FIPA
Official Selection Krakow Film Festival
- Director: Stephane Kaas
- Script: Rutger Lemm & Stephane Kaas
- Producers: Katja Draaijer & Frank Hoeve
- Co-producers: 2-Team Productions (IL)
- Commissioning Editor: Oscar van der Kroon
- Broadcaster: NTR
- Financiers & Funds: Dutch Cultural Media Fund
- Length: 55 / 70 min.